The Retro Lovely Model of the Month. This is a trial run. If participation is good, we may make this a regular monthly promotion.
What is it exactly? Well, we created voting galleries for ALL the models we published in August of 2021. Voting will take place from 9/10 through 9/30. The winner will have the opportunity to have a photoset reviewed for A COVER of one of our titles OR a $100 cash prize. The winner can opt for the $100 immediately or if the photos submitted for a cover do not meet our requirements.
How do you enter? Well, it’s already been taken care of. We uploaded galleries for each of our series except Scrapbook (some pages feature multiple models which would make including them prohibitively difficult to do) and they are all set to go.
- Prize – $100 or Cover Review
- Voting Period – 9/10 through 9/30
- Winner announced 10/10
- Who can take part? Anyone we’ve published in August 2021, except for our Scrapbook series
- Who can vote? Anyone
- How many times can someone vote? Once per image
- Can fans buy votes like some of those famous Tattoo magazines? No
- I’m in a few issues in August, will all my votes be combined? No, only the spread with the most votes will matter. If you send fans to the contest, pick one spread and promote only that one.
- If votes on my multiple features aren’t combined, why include them? Because there were a lot of models featured by us in August, nearly 500. We can’t do this and spend the time with emails that will follow if we don’t include someone’s favorite spread.
- I was published with a friend; what if we win? If the winning spread features two or more models, they will collectively be awarded the cash prize only.
- I don’t know what issues I was featured in. Can I email you to find out? No. When we publish sets, an email is sent to everyone featured in an issue, including the publication number and links.
- But what if I never got those emails? Check your spam or junk folders. Additionally, we include EVERY MODEL NAME in the descriptions of our publications on our printer’s website. If you go there and use the search engine with your model name, you’ll get links to all the issues you’ve been published in.
- How can I share my spreads with my fans directly? By using the share function, we’ll show you below.
How to find YOUR spreads. Follow this guidance. the links are listed after them.
Scroll down to the first Table of Contents. We included them to make sure that every model published has a spread in the promotion.
In the sort options, sort by title. This means file title, not magazine title. We named them in order so that the images that follow the table of contents will match the order of the features in an issue.
Next, on the first image you see, click that circle with the letter i in it. It will then display the file names for you. This way you can tell what issue a spread was in.
We do abbreviate the files names but the one shown above is the table of contents from Retro Lovely No.169.
As you scroll, those file names will let you know what issues the spreads came from. The last numbers do not represent page numbers in the issues, they are the numbers of the spreads in the issue. But the main thing is we include the first spreads of each feature which include the model names.
How do I share my spreads with my fans?
Find your spread and click the three dots.
Once you do, you’ll get these options. Share is the one you want.
You’ll then get the options above. Some are formatted to work with some social media sites already. Others like Instagram will require you to copy the link to a clipboard which you might include in your profile for your fans to easily access.